Thursday, January 19

Silent Tragedy


I say:

A glimmer of you
Peeks through the glorified dust
Your soul,
From the forced slit your lips carries
I weep for such obsession
You refuse to find your way out
Of all the insanity
And you pray not
Not till everyone's pleased

You say:

No
It is not a choice of mine
I must carry on with the masquerade
To twirl amongst the powerful
Breed hatred in women's hearts
Have adoring eyes perched upon me
Comparisons will be quelled
Soon, she will be forgotten
And I will become her

I say:

Love you, they may
But when the jewel has lost its shine
It will be left to the dirt
Just as when the time is up
Their applause will fade
And you, banished to a distant memory
Your crown will be stolen
By yet, another you
What then?

You say:

I find it hard
To believe words that escape from malicious lips
And borne out of a spiteful heart
Words are cheap
Coming from someone who's not yet enjoyed
A single ounce of my glory
The crown is but a thing
Matters not if it's stolen
For I am the crown

I say:

A slave cannot ignore his chains
Neither can he rejoice in it
You, however, celebrate your slavery
With pretty tresses and smiles
Oblivious to bondage
Perfection
You constantly crave for it
The mask you're crucified to
Snuffs out your being

You say:

My "mask", if you insist, is my being
With my being lies my soul
And my soul finds it's worth
In knowing that men yearn for a touch of my skin
And women, eager to protect their men
The mask that you perceive and I are one
None can find existence without the other
Neither can be satisfied
Till it has conquered every heart

2 Comments:

Blogger aeryn said...

great work! the picture scared me in the morning though. hurhur.

7:57 PM  
Blogger pensivehour said...

WAHAHA
sorry fishy, i din expect you to dream of smthg so freaky
thanks for ur compliments~
it's an honour~

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home