Thursday, January 19

letter from the phantom

dear sir
i've got no motive for writing
or a good reason to cry
but you need to understand
why i really need to die
today the ladies turned to stare
and i never did look up
guess, sir, that when i did
what really broke my heart!
to each and every lady
i returned a courteous smile
but upon my gaze they hastily dropped
theirs to the ground
i know the reason why they turn
it's a state of mind called fear
i never meant to hurt them sir
i take the unlit route by the river!
the shadows obscure my untelling face
but near to me their lights aflame
and oh, sir, how fervently i pray
that their eyes never search, and never lay
upon my skin! oh, sir, what a sight
this is a face not meant in the light!
the beautiful believe there is a God
alas, by a sage too, i've been taught
that no ugliness resides on that side
and faces pearly have no reason to hide
now hear me sir, and hear me well
for twenty years in shadows i dwell
for fear of taunt and reluctance to scare
lest the repulsion causes distance
oh that i can never bear!
so my good sir, in light of this
tell me true just as i cease
that in death i can walk the water
i can bury my face in the robes of the father
that he will receive me and not repel
to see such a face that belongs in hell
oh tell me that he will not reject
thinking that it could not have been
a true work of his hand!

2 Comments:

Blogger pensivehour said...

hey fishy~
i weep for the phantom...

1:00 AM  
Blogger aeryn said...

i weep for the phantom in every one.

emo weather calls for emo measures.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home